- Serves as a skin superfood, giving your skin the essential fat-soluble vitamins it needs to restore and maintain balance.
- Contains the closest fatty acid profile to our own skin and oil, allowing it to be absorbed quickly and easily.
- Is an age-old, tried and tested skincare solution, used well before today’s chemical-laden, petroleum- and water-based products.
- Is stable and does not oxidize or go rancid easily, like other plant-based products that also may damage skin cells.
- Contains essential acids that help maintain microbial balance.
Your skin is the largest organ in your body and it absorbs whatever you put on it. It’s as important to have animal fats in your skincare as it is in your diet!
Texas Tallow is made from grass-fed cows, which gives it unique health properties for the skin, such as its higher nutrient content, including Omega 3 fatty acids. We start by using unprocessed fat and render it down slowly, over 8-12 hours to separate out the liquid tallow oils.
Legally, we can not claim to treat, diagnose or prevent any diseases, but if you read our testimonials found on the homepage, you can hear what other users have to say.
A little tallow goes a long way. Depending on your unique skin type, you may need more or less. It is best used in the morning and evening as a moisturizer after cleansing and toning the face.
What goes into making our tallow products? The timeline below shows a glimpse of the background work that we put into each jar. By rendering our own tallow and using infused oils instead of ready-made fragrances and essential oils, we're extending our product production time by as much as 8 months, which is what makes each jar we sell truly unique to other tallow balms or most of what you'd be able to make at home. We hope you can see the difference!